Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's all about me!!!!!!

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I did something that was all about me.  After much consideration I had LapBand surgery.  My goal is to have a healthier life and be a more active mom for kids.  This has been a long time in coming and I am glad I have final done it.  As of today I am down 15 lbs. and hope to keep shrinking.  This blog is for me to post about my kids and my family.  I may update from time to time but this is not going to become a LapBand blog.

The bigges difference between LapBand and Gastric Bypass is that with LapBand the weight comes off slower but in 5 year studies it has been determined that over all the effect is the same.  So in a month when you see me if I look great tellme I look great but don't look at me and say "Hey I thought you had that surgery?!?"

When I hit my goal weight I will post that stats but not until then.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Congratulations!

Isabel Turner said...

Good luck to you!

Nicki said...

Does it hurt?

Lizzy and Annie's Mom said...

Niki:

No it doesn't. They put you under a general in order to do the surgery. The worst part for me was recovering from the anestia (sp?).