Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter!!!


Happy Easter!!! Annie got to celebrate Easter this year as a daughter, little sister, granddaughter, cousin, niece, and great niece! It truly was a very Happy Easter for everyone in our family.

On Holy Saturday we went had our baskets blessed and then had our traditional luncheon at my Mother-in-Laws house. Annie got to meet the cousins closest to her in age and have an Easter Egg hunt.
 

Annie had a hard time at first with the egg hunt. Since she is the youngest and newest we let her hang out with us adults while Lorie and I hid the eggs. Annie did not quite get what we meant when we told her to collect the eggs. She kept trying to re-hide them all and in the same spot over and over again.  It wasn't too long before she caught on and did almost as well as the big kids.


 

NaiNai and her two youngest Grandchildren


 

When we woke up on Easter Morning we were excited to see that Peter Rabbit had made a stop at our house.


 

Annie favorite gift was a cell phone that she used to “take” pictures.

 

Lizzy’s favorite gift seems to be the Tinkerbell activity books that she got.

 

This is Annie with her very first Chocolate Easter Bunny!


 

After church where since after all that is the reason for the Holiday we headed over to my mom’s (LaoLao) house for more Easter Egg hunting fun and time with Auntie Boo and Miss. Uncle Pete. When we got to LaoLao and Papa’s house we were surprised to see that while always keeping us in her eyesight and checking back in to “home base” Annie was willing to play and give some snuggles to almost every family member today.


 

After running home to let the dogs home and pick-up the Green bean Casserole we headed off to NaiNai’s house. Annie was still feeling in the visiting mood and let her Godmother (Auntie Pam) and just about the rest of the Szynal family love her up too.

Annie and her Godmother Auntie Pam
  


 NaiNai with 9 of her 10 Grandchildren
 

The next generation of Szynal women
 

The Szynal Men - 1



I think the best part of this Easter for my in-laws is that after a very long time the cleaning up of the dishes and the meal as finally been passed on to the younger generation.



This has been a fabulous Easter. I am getting ready to go to bed and end my wonderful Spring Easter weekend. I still can’t believe that my life is real. Even with my 5 year old have a meltdown and claiming that I don’t love her anymore and the adjustments that have to be made in order for my previous family of three to stretch into this fabulous family of four I am living my dream life. This is what I wanted a family of my own with all the extras. I have a fabulous network of women that I am blessed to call friends and I have a husband that most women only get to dream about. THIS IS MY LIFE AND I LOVE IT!!! Thank you God for giving us your Son so that we may share in all of the riches that life has to hold and be in paradise in the life to come here after.


1 comment:

Motherbird said...

Great post, Jamie!

Guess what? We got travel approval today!!!! So excited!!

Sheri