Monday, August 2, 2010

Bunny Adventure 2010

There I was sitting at the table minding my own business.  When Lizzy comes running in the house "Mommy Mommy Mommy!!!!!!!!  I prayed to Jesus and he answered my prayers.  LOOK WHAT HE GAVE ME!!"  Imagine my surprise when she plopped a baby bunny down onto the table next me?!?!  After screaming "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM!!!!"  I discovered that there is a nest of baby bunnies in the backyard living in our Little Ty*es house.  After a long talk with Lizzy as to why outside bunnies need to stay outside bunnies.  I checked with the wildlife haven by our home and discovered that the mothering instinct in a Mother rabbit is stronger than her fear of human sent so she will come back to care for her babies.  I guess all is well anyone want a bunny?

Here is the delux bunny hutch:


And the here are the cuurent occupants:



1 comment:

Trixie, Lily, and Sammy-Joe said...

The baby bunny is so adorable! I hope Lizzie won't be too sad if the mother comes back. Maybe she'll get a real pet bunny someday...
A friend of my sister's found two orphaned baby squirrels last winter, and raised them in her house. Now they live outdoors mostly but come to her house often to visit and steal snacks! Maybe Lizzie's bunnies will stick around your yard, too?
By the way, one of my blogs, Dupage Kids On The Go, is moving to ChicagoNow's blog panel. You can find me there now at http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/dupage-kids-on-the-go/ ! I hope to see you there!