Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meet the Teacher and the first day of school…….

On Monday Lizzy got to drop of her school supplies and find out who her 1st Grade teacher will be. She is thrilled. She got the 1st grade teacher she had been hoping to get all summer long. Lizzy is so unlike me when it comes to school and this is a very good thing. Where I would have picked a desk in the middle so I could get lost in the crowd, Lizzy picked the desk right smack dab in the middle of the very first row. In first grade at our school you get to have a locker in which to leave your coat, backpack, lunch box and gym shoes. Lizzy is a little disappointed that her locker says Elizabeth since she is back on her “but I am Elizabeth L-I-Z-Z-Y Elizabeth” oh well what’s a girl to do?

So proud of her very first desk!

Annie was not about to be left out of a photo op!


Here she is standing in front of her very first locker.

On Tuesday Annie got to go to her new school and see Ms. Kelly again. Annie had Ms. Kelly for Summer School but she has not had any classes in her actual school. We dropped off her school supplies and spent some time exploring the room. Annie even took the time to pose for a picture with Ms. Kelly.

Annie exploring in her new classroom.


With Ms. Kelly


Annie wanted a picture taken out in the hall by where she would put her back pack too!

On Wednesday both Lizzy and Annie had their first day of the 2010-2011 School year.
Showing off their first day of school outfits.  Running off to the car.


This is Lizzy and Annie standing by the sign outside of school.  About 30 seconds after this picture was taken I realized that I left Lizzy's water bottle at home so we piled back into the van and went home for the water bottle.  Once there Lizzy decided what the heck and took the bus!  So on her first day of 1st grade she was driven to school and took the bus to school.

Standing at her bus stop.

While standing at her own bus stop Lizzy looked down the block and saw her friend Madison.  Guess where we ended waiting for the bus?


Here comes the bus!


On the bus and ready for the adventure that is 1st Grade!

And at the end of the day...........
Right back home to Mom!  I know it doesn't look like it but she had a great day.

Annie's day at school starts out by sitting on the curb with her classmates and waiting for the aids/teachers to bring them into the building.

We are transitioning Annie onto the bus so for this week she is only taking the bus home from school.  Next week she will take the bus both to and from school.

I think both girls are going to have a wonderful school year.  I got to have breakfast with some of my Mommy friends.  2010 has been a year of huge change for our family.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for us.  When Danny and I fell in love I promised him life with me would never being boring.  I don't think he understood just how truthful I was being!  ;^}

1 comment:

Nicki said...

They are both so adorable! The first day of first grade is so exciting. I'm glad Lizzy got thw teacher she wanted, and its great that Annie has a big sister to watch so that she can get more excited about her own school too!