Saturday, February 20, 2010

Year of the Tiger

 Chinese New Year is in full swing. I love to celebrate the Lunar New Year. I know that it is something that both  Lizzy and Annie's birthmoms are doing in some form. That makes it all the more important for me to keep this tradition alive for my children.
 
Well this year I just want it to be done! I want the consulate to open so we can secure our travel dates.
 
 Today we are going to welcome in the Year of the Tiger with some friends that Lizzy knows through our Chinese Dance class. I have known the moms of most of these girls since we were waiting for Lizzy. Dan is in Cancun and won't return home until sometime on Sunday. Once he is home it is only for something like 30 hours and then he will fly out again and be gone for 24 more hours.
 
Time it is a crunching us!!  Nothing like flying out of the country to change your life in 12 days and not being able to be at home for a large chunk of time before hand!

The pictured above are from a New Years event that we did with Lizzy's travel group 2 weeks ago. The other pictures are of her dancing with her Dance class for the Chinese School's New Year event that took place last weekend.

No comments: