Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cheeseburger Soup and Oatmeal Bread

I had several friends ask and encourage me so here it is my first recipe/cooking blog.  To start with here is a picture of my Crock pot.  I love my crock pot and use it often.  Enough said.


Well the blizzard of 2011 seems to have arrived so after finding out that our Sign Language class was canceled for this evening I decided to warm our bellies and our souls with some Cheeseburger Soup and Oatmeal Bread

I used to work for a very practical lady.  She had some great ideas that I have taken and tried to incorporate them into my life.  One of them is to brown ground beef and freeze them in 1 lb. packages.  This makes it soooo much easier to make chili or anything else calling for "brown beef and drain". 

In regards to the Cheeseburger Soup I was able to get all of the ingredients at Aldi's.  I think the kids were excited to try it because my kiddos seem to love anything that is soup.  The fact that it had cheese and bacon were just a big extra plus!  This got 5 thumbs up that's right I said 5.  Lizzy loved it so much she gave it 2 thumbs up.  Lizzy, Annie and I enjoyed with the mild green Tabasco Dan enjoyed with the traditional red Tabasco.  It was very yummy.  The next time I make it I will use real onions.  The beef itself did not have much flavor.  Next time I may opt to add the onion and garlic to the browning beef.


The Oatmeal Bread was very tasty as well.  I replaced 1cup of the All Purpose flour with 1cup of Whole Wheat flour.  My loaf came out a little lopsided.  The bread was soft and moist and made the house smell super yummy while it was cooking. (BTW I use my bread machine to make the bread not my crock pot)


No comments: