I really wanted to do Chinese New Year big this year. After all it is Annie's first Lunar New Year with a family to call your own. For one reason or other the events that we normally particiapte in for Chinese/Lunar New Year were not happening. I have always done something with Lizzy for her school mates so she could share the celebration with them. This year Lizzy, Annie and I were all together snuggled up at home since the weather had made for a snow day and there was no school. It was rather anti-climatic and pretty ordinary.
We were able to celebrate on Friday a little bit. Lizzy wore her red qipao to school and we went out with LaoLao and Papa (my mom and daddy) for dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant Lao Sze Chuan this year they offered a Chinese new Year menu so that was pretty nice.
On Saturday we were able to join some of our friends for a Chinese New Year Lunch. We still have another group of friends that I am hoping we will be able to get together with and celebrate but only time will tell.
Collaboration request
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment