Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Re-Adoption Day!!!

In order to make it easier to get copies of birth certificates and to secure inheritance rights in all 50 states we have re-adopted both of our girls once we came home to the good old U S of A.

There are many threads that run through the adoption of Annie or “God Touches” as I like to call them. The date of her re-adoption is just another one of those touches. July 13, 2010 is the day we re-adopted Annie. For those who don’t know Lizzy’s birthday is July 13.

We started the morning at an extremely early hour. We had to be downtown in the Daley center at 5 minutes to 8:00am so we could meet our attorney.

After meeting with the attorney and signing some paperwork (big surprise there more paperwork!) we had to go down to the Sheriff’s office so Annie could get “served” yep they present a 3 year old with papers letting her know that we are seeking to adopt her. This is her being served.



This is Lizzy, Annie and Mommy outside of the Sheriff’s office.



I think the girls favorite part of the whole day was getting to look out the windows of the Daley Center and see how small the cars and people looked.



This is Daddy, Annie, Lizzy and Mommy with the Judge who is presiding over the case.



We do not have to go back to court that attorney does that for us but there is some paperwork that the court needs review from our agency nothing big but something they want to see all the same. We legally adopted Annie when we were in China so this is all just a formality but it is still one that I feel is important and brings tears to my eyes. There are days I still can’t believe that Annie is really here and we are done waiting. To tell the truth there are days I look at Lizzy and still think someone is going to jump out and say “Ha ha fooled you she not yours after all!” I feel every bit their mom but not quite sure how it all happened. I guess sometimes dreams really do come true.

1 comment:

Trixie, Lily, and Sammy-Joe said...

LOL... I can't believe they have to literally hand Annie the papers! She can't even read yet! And about "God touches," I read somewhere that coincedences like that are God's way of telling you that your life is on the right path!