Annie has been accepted into Shriner’s Hospital. She has seen the Neurosurgeon and the orthopedic doctor in regards to her Scoliosis. We still don’t know if she will have to have spinal surgery based on her tethered spinal cord.
We will be seeing their cleft team in October. That is the same time we will be meeting the plastics person who will be able to help us with giving Annie ears.
On July 6th Annie began summer school. It was a rough start. By the 3rd day she was all but running from to get into the building and play with Ms. Kelly. I think the best part about this summer school program is that the teacher Ms. Kelly will also be her teacher for the 2010/2011 school year. She goes to school 3 days a week for ½ a day. This is much the same schedule that she will keep through the first semester of the school year. I am hoping that she will be up to going 3 full days a week after Christmas. Not that I want to be away from her but the class room is full aural and full sign. She is gaining signs so much faster and wants to sign so much after I pick her up but I am just not there with signing yet so I feel like I am through a wall up for her. I will have the chance to take ASL classes in the fall so I can an advance and help her communicate more until she all of her words and can full be understood aurally.
The only “new” thing she has left to experience for herself in connection with school is the bus. I am not sure how this is going to work and I need to work on setting up for next week so that we are over that hump by the time she starts needing to take the bus in August.
Wish us well!
No comments:
Post a Comment