Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A day at the Zoo

My kiddos had the week of Thanksgiving off. In an effort to keep my house clean I planned activities to keep my kiddos and the ones that I watch busy and having fun. Not only did I have the 6 kids with me but we meet up with Cheryl and her 2 little boys. We spent one day at the zoo. It was a little chilly out so we spent most of the day inside of the Hamill Family Play Zoo.


When you walk-in there is a parrot display. I fell in love with these bright yellow birds.


One of the reasons I love the Family Play Zoo is that there is always a craft that can be done there.  On this day the kids were helping to make piƱatas that would be filled with treats for animals like the Kangaroos to rip apart and play with.







There is an atrium area where the kiddos get to walk around with spray bottles and spray the plants.  Annie had a blast.


We did spend some time outside checking out the new bear exhibit.  I was impressed when the kids liked looking at the educational stuff and not just the animals.


When it got too cold to be outside we went back into the Family Play Zoo and played "Paint Face" as Lizzy calls it.

Luc made himself look like a "Football dude"


Annie made a very sweet little kitty.


Lizzy and Alex decided to be Zebras.


At the end of the day I think it is safe to say that everyone had fun.

 
 


No comments: