Sunday, March 7, 2010

Here at last...


At 3:40 today we were in the van heading to the Civil Affairs office to meet Annie for the very first time.

We took the elevator up to the 7th (?) floor stepped off of the elevator and standing there in the hall was Annie Yali with her nannies and another little girl from the same Welfare institute that was meeting her parents for the first time today too.


It was a little rough at first.  The first time I tried to hold her she wanted nothing of it.  After sitting on the floor with her for a while and a little bribery in the form of snacks, playdoh, etch-a-sketch and a bottle she was willing to walk with me and then let me hold her.  That is when my water works started.  I tried so hard to not cry and keep it together for her sake.  I did not want to scare her.


She let me hold her and man was it amazing.  I was finally holding the little person I have been longing for and dreaming of for the past 3 years.


Let me tell you Miss. Thing was a stinky little thing for sure.  I was planning on letting her stay in her clothes and not bathe her for a day or so to help her keep something familiar.  She had peed through her diaper and her body just smelled in general.

Bath time was okay.  At this point not one of our favorite things to do but we managed.



Tomorrow we start the paperwork for the adoption process here in Xi'an.



She is currently in a Carter's 2T pair of footie jimmies let me tell you why they do fit they won't for much longer.  When we try on clothes and shoes tomorrow we will know more about sizes then.