Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sisters, sleepless nights and doctors appointments

Well we have been back for 9 full days now. WOW!! I am slowly getting used to be a mom of two. I knew it would be hard on all of us but knowing it and living it are two totally different things.

Whenever 2 Szynals are in the frame all seems okay.


As soon as you add more than that this is what you get!


Annie goes to bed for me super easily. We say prayers I tuck her in and then sit in a chair in her room. Within ten minutes she is out cold. Then between 2:30 – and 4:00 in the morning Annie wakes up and starts to wails. She will quiet down if I come into her room. She just won’t fall back asleep. So what we have ended up doing in order to get sleep is bringing her into our bed where we fall asleep and since I when I wake up she is sleeping I can only imagine that she falls back asleep as well. I am really hoping that as Annie learns that she can trust her family and we will not disappear on her that she can feel comfortable enough to know that if we are not there when she opens her eyes we have not disappeared.



This past weekend we took the girls to Cosley Zoo. It was wonderful to be a family of four and watch the girls interact and be sisters.



Daddy's new lot in life.  As you can see he just hates it! ;^)

 

Annie had her first American Pediatrician appointment last Tuesday. Everything seems to be fine. She is 25lbs based on what the doctor saw and we reported he believes that she has “sufficient hearing to gain speech”.



It is so much fun to see her blossom. She loves to sing in the car and “talk” with us. She mimics phrases and is working on applying the phrases she knows to multiple situations. Ie “All Done. No More” can mean I am done with the rice even though my plate is still full or We are leaving this area of the store. I am working on sign with her but when you have a little girl who can get her point across without sign and is gaining words she just seems to impatient to use the signs.



We see the Crainofacial surgeon tomorrow (Monday) so I will post again after that.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

What an exciting time for your family right now! Its great that Annie is getting comfortable in her new home! Cosley is an awesome place to take little kids.